Capacitive keypads and switches use individual sensors that form electric fields and act like a capacitor plate.
This field penetrates a variety of materials; the most commonly used is glass.
When a user touches the field, he causes a signal to be triggered. In addition to buttons, it is possible to integrate a capacitive touchpad.
- Equipment and apparatus engineering for all applications
- Industry & production facilities
- Medical Areas
- Embedded Systems
Advantages of capacitive switches
- Excellent resistance to water & dust
- Good haptics for the individual switches
- Almost unlimited design possibilities
- Surface coating possible
- Implementation as single switch, keypad or keyboard in full layout
- Supplementary additional features such as lighting or operating feedback as an acoustic signal or local vibration
- Attractive additional features possible: illumination or multi-color
- Protected by integration on the back and therefore almost wear-free