Capacitive keypads and switches use individual sensors that form electric fields and act like a capacitor plate. This field penetrates a variety of materials; the most commonly used is glass. When a user touches the field, he causes a signal to be triggered. In addition to buttons, it is possible to integrate a capacitive touchpad.
- Available as illuminated or non-illuminated version
- Can be operated by light touch.
- Pushbutton works wear-free, as there are no moving parts.
- Function control by means of integrated microcontroller.
- Switching output characteristics is adjustable by firmware.
- Maximum front glass thickness is 6 mm glass or 3 mm plastic screen.
- Flat design.
- Two different output types can be provided by means of variable components between
- default: potential-free contact.
- on request: Open Collector
- CE-conform according to EN 50581:2013
- Cable included
Additionally for the illuminated button:
- The button-light is dimmed in standby mode
- The active mode is indicated by changing the lighting brightness
- RGB-LED lighting color is adjustable by firmware
- Remove protective paper
- Clean and degrease adhesive surface with isopropanol
- Bring the surfaces to be bonded together and bond without bubbles
- Equipment and apparatus engineering for all applications.
- Industry production facilities.
- Medical Areas.
- Embedded Systems.
Advantages of capacitive switches:
- Excellent resistance to water dust.
- Good haptics for the individual switches.
- Almost unlimited design possibilities.
- Surface coating is possible.
- Implementation as a single switch, keypad, or keyboard in full layout.
- Supplementary additional features such as lighting or operating feedback as an acoustic signal or local vibration.
- Attractive additional features possible: illumination or multi-color.
- Protected by integration on the back and therefore almost wear-free