Open Position: Production Supervisor
GETT North America LLC is a wholesaler for industrial and medical computer hardware. The products are manufactured in GETT's own production facilities in Germany and Asia. The company will open a domestic assembly plant in September 2023. GETT North America LLC has a start-up feel in a fast-paced, energetic and ever-changing environment. While GETT has approximately 200 employees worldwide, the GETT North America team consists of 4 people. By 2023, the team will grow to a total of nine. Therefore, you will be wearing more than one hat and flexibility in daily tasks is a must. We are goal-oriented team players and value openness to feedback as well as an optimistic mindset.
We are looking for an all-rounder, who will help setup our new assembly plant. You will work with your manager in Houston. By providing exceptional service over the phone and through e-mail, you will save your team members time and help increase productivity. We are goal oriented and driven to exceed expectations. With that, come many opportunities for exposure to a thriving industry!
What You Will Do
As Production Supervisor, you will dedicate your time to setting up the new production facility. This includes finding a location, touring facilities, creating a floor plan and purchasing equipment. Once GETT North America’s assembly plant opened its doors, you will be assuring that the assigned production area is operated in the most profitable and efficient basis and with the correct level of quality. You will be responsible for maintaining the safety of the area, scheduling assignments, assembly control, monitoring of fulfillment of customer production and quality requirements, control of scrap and rework, efficiency, application of overtime, and documentation of these activities. You will act as primary contact for production related issues and directly supervise production workers.
How You Will Do It
- Learn about government incentive programs to identify target area
- Work with commercial real estate broker to find production facility
- Get quotes for EDS area within facility / oversee construction
- Plan and purchase equipment for warehouse, office and production area
- Work with insurance agency to include assembly plant
- Create and establish processes
- Create offer letters & help hiring production staff
- Training: either at German headquarters or in Houston
- Direct production staff in the plant and coordinate production work through familiarity with all manufacturing processes.
- Maintain a continual awareness of safety, quality, efficiency, scrap and production schedules.
- Motivate, train and develop individuals, instill in them a sense of responsibility, and evaluate them on their progress.
- Analyze and determine staffing requirements. Study operating results and consult with team on solutions to production problems. Ensure that problems have been corrected. Maintain cooperation between departments.
- Ensure safe work practices are followed by all manufacturing personnel. Inform the employees of deficiencies and violations and take corrective action, if necessary, to ensure that procedures and practices are being followed.
- Provide Safety training in a continuous basis.
- Understand supply chain and build good relationship with suppliers
- Ensure correct distribution of staff and assist with training for all new or transferred employees. Coordinate temporary staff requirements.
- Work with leadership to develop a roadmap for Continuous Improvement in the assigned area for processes and productivity.
- Problem-solving methods in the production floor with production personnel to drive a culture of continuous improvement and quality, and control scrap and rework, and provide quality product to the customer.
- Understand financial reporting and drive improvements based on KPI goals.
- Assist in mediation of personnel problems and conduct disciplinary action when required.
- Monitor customer production requirements and coordinate schedule adjustments when required.
- Monitor and ensure documentation of employee attendance records.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Supervisor in a manufacturing/production environment or bachelor's degree in manufacturing/production.
- Ability and willingness to travel (domestic, Asia, Germany)
- Excellent technical understanding / Understand processes and supply chain
- Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office
- Professional written and verbal communication skills, Detail-oriented, Organizational skills
- Ability to solve problems
Send your resume to email@example.com!